The Edge

The Student News Site of Edgewood Jr/Sr High School

The Edge

The Edge

Olivia Rodrigo spills her GUTS on world tour

The tour comes to Atlanta in July

Oliva Rodrigo “spills her GUTS” to her fans at the GUTS World Tour. She and her companions give extraordinary performances all over the world on this tour. 

Olivia Rodrigo is a 21 year-old singer-songwriter who has also had a career in acting. She debuted on the Disney Channel show Bizaardvark. She is Filipina-American, and was born in the US. Her singing career first took off in 2022 with the success of her single “Driver’s License.” That track won the 2022 Grammy for Best Pop Solo Performance. Rodrigo added Grammys for Best New Artist and Best Pop Vocal Album (Sour) that year. This year, she was nominated for six Grammys, including Album of the Year and Best Pop Vocal Album, both for Guts.

Olivia Rodrigo’s GUTS Tour is taking place all over the world, bringing her into the world of pop legends such as Taylor Swift and Dua Lipa. Fans found her extraordinary and passionate. Around 11,000 fans of Oliva Rodrigo came on the opening night of her tour in Palm Springs, California, and the turnout hasn’t decreased, leaving her concerts sold out all over the world. The tour runs from February 24 to August 17. The Tour already stopped in Miami in March, but fans from Florida who missed that show are traveling to Atlanta in July for the next closest stop. 

“I think that the GUTS World Tour is a great experience for Olivia to perform her songs from both GUTS and SOUR across the world,” seventh grader Evelyn Mattson says. “It is also a great experience for fans to watch her perform live, from upbeat and angry songs like ‘Get Him Back’ to heartbreaking songs like ‘Teenage Dream’.”

Rodrigo’s merch was also very well thought out. She has a big purple bus featuring Rodrigo’s hit songs. The bus is open for the public at around 1 p.m. before every show of her GUTS World Tour. The bus advertises the merchandise on sale, and is decorated to showcase the Olivia Rodrigo Vibes. The whole bus, even on the inside, is covered in purple objects. There’s a big mirror, make up, and references to Rodrigo’s songs. 

“I love Olivia Rodrigo’s merchandise, it’s so unique and pretty,” Mattson says. “I already have a few of Olivia’s shirts even though I didn’t go to the concert.”

There were also other celebrities who opened for Olivia Rodrigo and toured with her. All of these singers worked together to make sure none of the fans forgot their night at the concert. The Breeders, Chappell Roan, PinkPantheress, and Remi Wolf opened for Rodrigo in different parts of the world. The Breeders, who perform rock songs, performed in New York and California. Chappell Roan, who is famous for her “campy” music, performed in a large part of the US. PinkPantheress sings a variety of pop songs. She opened in the other U.S. states and in Canada. Lastly, Remi Wolf has a funky pop taste. She performed in many of the countries abroad, and some of the States. The fans loved these singers opening for Rodrigo. They gave a performance that the fans will cherish forever. 

Seventh grader Stella Daniles is a huge Rodrigo fan. She was able to go to the show in Miami and loved it. She was astonished by the amount of energy and lights. This was her first Rodrigo concert and she was very excited to see Rodrigo perform live and was very impressed by the stage setup. She said it was an amazing experience. 

“The decorations were pretty good and they matched the theme. Olivia Rodrigo’s dance moves were good but the back up dancers looked like they were having a seizure,” she says.

View Comments (2)
Donate to The Edge

Your donation will support the student journalists of Edgewood Jr/Sr High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.