The Edge

The Student News Site of Edgewood Jr/Sr High School

The Edge

The Edge

Beat the heat with an acai treat

Playabowls has opened a location in The Avenue

Playa Bowls is the new acai place to be.

Located in The Avenue, Viera they have a unique, fresh, and healthy menu, consisting of smoothies, acai bowls, juices, and cold brews. It has the best morning booster and lunch break meals. 

It began with a New Jersey couple who loved traveling and the different acai they found. They decided to implement their favorite recipes in their new business, selling healthy meals to local people. Their mission was to give people around the world an eco-friendly, plant-based, and local working environment. Nine years and over 200 locations later, their goal has been accomplished. 

“The whole atmosphere is very nice because the people here are so friendly and welcoming, the workers and the customers,” says recurring customer Kyleigh Mitchell. It has an airy and refreshing environment, with painted leaves on the walls and chalk boards explaining the nutritional value of their meals. What Mitchell loves specifically about Playa Bowls is “that they have a loyalty program, so here and there, I can get a free bowl.” If you download the ‘Playa Bowls’ app, you can earn points for your visits. This leads to free meals for loyal customers, creating a stronger sense of community between playa bowl members and employees.

If you want a smoothie you might not be sure how to pronounce, you should order a Playa Bowls smoothie, starting with a drink called ‘Kowabunga’.  The menu consists of not just interesting smoothies but eccentric bowls like Coconut Power, Mango Berry, or the Dragon Berry and that isn’t the end of it. I found Tere Aleman reading the menu at Playa Bowls and she says “If I want a quick smoothie after a run or a workout, they have a lot of options and a lot of natural ingredients and fruit.” 

The new sensation is placed in the most popular outlet in Brevard county, the avenues, Viera. So while shopping in Old Navy or before watching a movie at AMC theaters, you can have a healthy and nutritional meal.

The best way to get information about Playa Bowls is to go to their website, and look at their menu, mission, loyalty program and blog. At playabowls.com, it is the perfect representation of the atmosphere and aura, vivid, colorful and refreshing.