The Edge

The Student News Site of Edgewood Jr/Sr High School

The Edge

The Edge

LOOK! New Policies for Building 8 During Power Hour

Building 8 Power Hour Policies 2023-2024

Single-Point Entry

1. All students must enter Building 8 using doors on the East side (i.e. facing the student parking lot) and exit the building on the opposite side
    1. Students who need to use the Drama Room may enter through Ms. Rhoden’s door, but they may not use her door to gain access to the rest of the building.
  2. All exterior doors will remain locked during the school day and will not be unlocked/propped open to allow students in.
    1. Students may not hold or leave exterior doors open at any time. Similarly, students may not let other students into the building without explicit permission from a teacher.
  3. Students may not use Building 8 as a pathway to get from one side of school to another.

Access Times

1. Students will only be permitted inside the building at two specific times: the beginning (first five minutes) of Power Hour A and the beginning of Power Hour B. This means if a student misses the entry window for Power Hour A, they must wait until the start of Power Hour B to enter the building.
    1. Teachers may allow students in at any time at their discretion, but students may not allow other students in after the entry window.

Students Allowed to Use Building 8

1. The only students who are permitted inside Building 8 during Power Hour are those who intend to practice, work with teachers/mentors, and/or attend to Thespian business.
  2. Any student who is not using the facilities for their intended purpose will be asked to leave, whether they are a performing arts student or not.

Food and Drinks

1. Food and drinks (except water) are not permitted inside the building at any time unless explicit permission is given by a teacher.
  2. No eating or loitering is allowed in the interior hallway or instrument locker room.
  3. This policy will follow the same procedures and consequences as Section 3.